Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday afternoons!

Ahhhhh--Friday--TGIF! I love Friday afternoons around this time. There are plenty of things I should be doing, but instead I am enjoying a Subway sugar cookie (my second actually--don't judge) and blogging. I taught my first lesson today--to a class of third graders. This morning was crazy though. It was picture day for Miss Pickle and I needed to do her hair before I left (because obviously we don't want Daddy doing it on picture day--or any other, for that matter. JK, he actually does a pretty good job).

Bubba would NOT wear what we had layed out for him, and so I am running around trying to leave, Collin is scrambling to get everyone ready so he can leave, and Bubba was wailing on the floor in the hallway. Fun times!

For my lesson, I used a cute book called, "Officer Buckle and Gloria." I highly recommend it for anyone looking for good books to read to your kids. It talks about funny (but true) rules we all should follow--like never sticking a banana in your ear, but also about friendship and sticking together.

Anyway, now on to my weekend plans. Miss Pickle turns seven tomorrow! Wow-I can't believe it! We are hoping to do something simple this year--an ice cream cake and McDonalds, and maybe a small family outing before hand. We also have soccer in the morning, so it should be a pretty packed day.

4 comments:

runningfan said...

I can't believe Miss Pickle is seven!! I had forgotten she and Zach share a birthday month. Have a fun day!

Unknown said...

Cute new blog background, so festive. I'm glad you had some fun blogging. And your first day was great.

Emmy Z. said...

Congratulations on a wonderful first day! Tell Pickle happy birthday from Adam and me. Good luck with your constant to-do-list juggling act! Love ya.

.........Still ME! said...

Teaching? Did I miss a post when this was explained? Explain...

PS - thanks for the tip on the banana...