Friday, September 25, 2009

Thoughts...

I am feeling kind of overwhelmed. We just got our placements today (practice teaching in ACTUAL schools with ACTUAL kids--what am I doing! :). I will be observing/helping and teaching lessons in 1st grade (thankfully I have a built-in guinea pig--er--practice pupil at home). Hopefully, testing my lessons out on her will come in handy. Any thoughts as parents of grade-schoolers?

Tonight I put together 14 freezer meals with some friends at our old ward. It was fun--and hard--but mostly fun. I am so thankful to have such a good friend to include me in these great ideas of hers. As everyone knows, I really don't enjoy cooking of any kind, so now I feel a huge sense of relief at having a freezer full of delicious meals at-the-ready. :) I won't have to worry about what we're going to have every night.

I tried out a new doc today--unfortunately, it was the same ole'. It's like going to a drug dealer for a quick fix. They're like drug pushers--nice ones that won't blow your head off, but still...instead of one sample of Fibro meds (last week's chump), I got 6! I think I'd have better luck with a witch doctor. Anyway, enough ranting. Anyone know of someone who has FMS (Fibromyalgia)? If so, do you know how they found a good doc and/or things that have helped them? I'm quickly becoming inoperable. Just kidding, well mostly. :)

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm glad you came last night...and thanks for bringing me dinner!
My mom has FMS and the best thing she has found is to exercise! She usually does at least 5x at week. She's been doing water aerobics lately and loves it. Good luck with your search. Sorry it is so frustrating!
Love ya!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you have plenty of meals. My poor family just eats pbh's or mcdonalds. I wish I knew what could help you. Exercise is a must! You should seriously try acupuncture.

Emmy Z. said...

You'll be an awesome teacher, Chass! Sorry about the FMS - I wish I could do something to help you! Just know I send my best Emmy wishes from Kansas.

Oh, and thanks for blogging. I love seeing/reading about what your up to!

Kathleen said...

BTW, the lasagna you put together was yumm-o!