Monday, February 16, 2009

I love Valentine's Day - it probably stems from its attachment by a day to my birthday, but I have always thought it to be a fabulous holiday. Two of my favorite colors and one of my favorite shapes, all symbolizing my favorite emotion. Even when I was too little to appreciate the reason for its celebration or, later, when I was pining for someone who didn't return the favor, it remains a classic.

This year, though, it was extra special. Not because it was fancy (although I greatly appreciated the gift of childlessness from my mother and Paul) , but just because it came at the right time - like a cold drink on a hot day. I needed it - a break from reality and responsibility, a chance to be fully and undividedly focused on one person. The person who never fails to completely amaze me with his ability to make me feel like a princess. He goes the extra mile on these two days - my two favorite days of the year - and I love to be able to focus on him, to devote myself singularly. It makes me happy and I am thankful. :)

1 comment:

Emmy Z. said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! Happy birthday!