Friday, December 19, 2008

Our copy-cat hypothetical...

So, after hearing the cute conversation my cousin Heidi had with her kids about what gifts they would give to persons of different ages and, ultimately, to Jesus for Christmas, I got to thinking. I wonder what my kids would say? So, over dinner, I asked them. I thought I would share:

Mom: What would you give Jesus for Christmas?
Alex: Hmm........I would give him a new robe...cause the one he has has got to be pretty old.
Calvin: I would give 'im food, he's hungwy.
Mom: That's a pretty good idea (he he he), what's something else you could give him? (hoping for an intangible response)
Alex: I would give him a baby-making machine, so he wouldn't have to work so hard making babies!

Hmm: Uh...Well, OK (by now I'm busting up) Clothing, Food, Rest - I guess you can't beat that!

4 comments:

.........Still ME! said...

Oh my Goodness! That is so cute! I love to ask questions when we "think" we know the answer. Always a surprise!

runningfan said...

Love it!

ME & HE said...

I should have just gone to Alex and skipped all of the doctors...do you think she could make me a baby machine?

Your kids are adorable. Thanks for posting all the cute things they say!

angiedunn said...

smart kids. hilarious & sweet. good combo.